View your own photos
You can also use the navigation pane at the left side of the page to browse your photos. Here are a few tips for browsing around:
- Hover over the Photos link at the top of your homepage.
- Click the "Go to your photo organiser" link in the menu that opens.
- Double-click on an album to open it.
- To choose a size for viewing, look for the Sizes icons above and to the right of your photos. Click on the small, medium, or large icon.
- To view your album as a slideshow, open the album and click the Slideshow icon above and to the right of your photos.
- To open a single photo in that album, just double-click on it.
- The photo organiser is divided into your own albums and friend's albums. Use the "Yours" and "Friend's" tabs to toggle between them.
- Use the search bar under the Yours tab to search for photos.
- Use the albums, faces, or favourites icons under the Yours tab to see a list of everything in those categories.
- our friend's albums are organised by person under the Friend's tab. Click on a person's name to see a list of all the albums they've shared with you, then click on an album name to open it.
View a friend's photos
After you receive an email message inviting you to view a friend's album, follow the instructions below. If you do not already have a Snapfish account, you will be able to sign up before viewing the photos.
- Open the email message and click on the album title. If clicking on the album title doesn't work, copy the web address in the email and paste it into the address field in your browser.
- You will see a welcome page with areas to log in or create an account.
You will see thumbnail (small) versions of the photos in the album.
The newly shared album will appear in the 'Most recently added albums' section of your 'Home' page.
- If you do not have a Snapfish account yet, fill in the fields on the "New to Snapfish" section with your name, email address, and a password. Click on the box next to "I accept the Snapfish Terms and Conditions".
- If you already have a Snapfish account, log in with your email address and password.
- To see all of your shared albums, click the 'Friend's albums' link at the left side of your photo organizer. Click on an album's name to open it.
- Your friend's albums will be saved in your account and you will be able to view them again any time you log in to your account.
Once you're in an album, you can to add, view, and manage its comments.
Click on "View album comments" just below the photos. If the album doesn't have any comments yet, it'll say "Encourage your friends to comment by adding yours first!".
If the album already has comments, you'll see them once you click on "View album comments." Longer comments are shortened up a bit to save space - click "Read more" beneath a long comment to read it in full.
Add a comment
To leave a new comment, click on the box below "Add your comment" and type in your comment. When you're done, click "Add comment".
Delete a comment
Just click the "X" at the top right corner of the comment to delete it. If you're the album's owner, you can delete comments left by anyone. If the album doesn't belong to you, you can only delete your own comments.
If you're the album's owner, you can also disable commenting. Just click the "Disable commenting" link. This will not delete the comments, but friends will no longer be able to view or add comments.
As the album owner, you will still have access to your album's comments, even if it is disabled. Please note that changing the comment settings applies only to the album you're working in. It will not change the settings on all your albums.
If you've disabled commenting, click the "Allow commenting" link to let your friends to view and add comments to your album again.
Frequently asked questions: View photos
How long will Snapfish store my photos in my account?
Please see ourstorage policy
Can I return and look at my friend's photos later?
Yes, you can. Once you have signed in to see your friend's photos, the album is saved in your Snapfish account and remains there until you remove it or your friend deletes it from their account. The next time you want to view this album, just return to Snapfish and log in with your email address and password.
How long will the email link to my friend's album work?
You can use the link as long as you keep the message. However, if your friend removes the original album from their account, the link in your invitation email will no longer be valid.