The last few years have been challenging, to say the least. In the face of much recent conflict and turbulence, many of us have attempted to cope with more of a personal emphasis on comfort and harmony in their home. To get you energised and inspired for the year ahead, we’re sharing some of the recent design and home decor insights we have found so you can make the most of your 2023 momentum.
So far, we’ve noticed that design-conscious people are looking to create a sense of duality and contrast, combining vibrant colours with earthier tones, mixing and matching for a full embrace of the eclectic. Whether it’s a lively gallery wall or a surprising palette of hues, we’ll show you how to have fun with our favourite recent interior design trends.
Create your gallery wall with these pro tips
- Use masking tape to plan out your gallery wall on the floor. By first using the floor, you can easily play around with the layout and visualise the final result before nailing anything to the wall (and regretting it after it’s done!).
- Consider whether you want a specific colour theme, e.g. black and white only, all purple or lavender, or a whole bunch of colours.
- Start with your ‘anchor piece’ (the largest print). It’s easier to work around the bigger pieces of wall art.
- Stand up, step back, and continue to experiment and move your prints around. (Feel free to take photos of each layout to compare.)
- Don’t worry about perfectly aligning your prints! Eclectic, ‘imperfect’ gallery walls tend to be the most interesting to look at.
- Be sure to not leave too much space between each print or frame. Your frames should all be within about an inch of each other for a more cohesive, eye-pleasing look.”
Our favourite colours of the year would have to be indigo and honeycomb. Easily create wall decor with these colours using Snapfish’s photo tints and premade design options. Indigo hues invoke the beautiful yet mysterious night-time sky so consider printing out your favourite camping, travel and party photos where a dark blue sky is the backdrop. Honeycomb hues can really brighten up an otherwise dark or plain room so take photos of yellow flowers, wellies and the like and then turn them into joyful, uplifting prints.
Download the convenient Snapfish app to get your 50 free prints a month and finally take those photos off your phone and into your home decor! Have fun mixing some of these new prints with our versatile Photo Tiles (including framed, hexagon), Framed Prints, Canvas (framed, unframed, split, collage, sets).
You could even create an ‘instant’ gallery wall with our Split Canvas and Canvas Print Sets. Browse our full range of wall art here.
Need a unique gift for a friend or family member? Check out our GiftFinder. Simply indicate your budget, the occasion, how much time you have and how many photos you’d like to use and we’ll suggest the ideal photo product for you!
We can’t wait to see how you incorporate 2023 design trends into your home!
What did you create on Snapfish? Share it with us on social media! You can tag us with @snapfishie in your photos on Instagram or Facebook or use the hashtag #snapfishie. Don’t forget to follow us on YouTube and Pinterest, too. We love seeing what you create.