Go to: Help index
Snapfish Terms and conditions
General Terms and Conditions
Welcome to Snapfish! These General Terms and Conditions apply to the use of the Snapfish site and all related services. By entering and using our site and its services, you indicate that you agree to use the service only under these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, do not access or use the service.
To use our service you must register on our website, giving your name and email address. Your details must be complete, correct and true. Snapfish Services are for personal use only.
A condition of Membership is your "Active Participation" in the service. Active Participation is defined as purchasing photos or gift items through the Snapfish Service at least once every 365 days. If no such orders are made through your Membership account within 365 days, we may terminate your Membership or any part thereof, and may remove and discard all content made available by you within the Service. Please also read the section on Termination, relating to this.
3. Digital Image Storage
Snapfish Services offer free, unlimited storage of digital photos to members who maintain Active Participation. Photos are uploaded via your Membership account.
When you upload image content to the Service, the original resolution of your content may be affected depending on the upload speed you choose. Further, if you upload an image with more than nine mega-pixels of resolution, Snapfish may in its discretion down-sample the image regardless of the upload speed you choose.
You should always preserve your original content, or make back-up copies of such content, on your personal system. You should not use the Service as the only repository or other source for your content.
4. Member Conduct
We welcome Members who use our service to store creative photos and comments on the Snapfish site. However, we do not allow our service to be used for Prohibited Content especially but not limited to the following:
- Copyrighted material used without the express permission of the owner,
- Material that violates the rights of others;
- Material that contains viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other forms of corruptive code, or any other content that may compromise the Snapfish Service;
- Material that advocates illegal activity;
- Content we believe is abusive, deceptive, pornographic, obscene, defamatory, slanderous, offensive, or otherwise inappropriate;
- Material that, in any way, is harmful to minors; or,
- Material that provides a link to any of the above.
Snapfish has the sole discretion to determine whether content is Prohibited Content, and any Content submitted to the Service may be subject to examination from time to time. Although Snapfish does not and will not examine or otherwise review all Content submitted or transmitted to the Service, Snapfish may delete, move, and edit Content for any reason, at any time, without notice.
Snapfish Services are for personal use only. You are not entitled to copy or sell the service or any part thereof, or use the service for any commercial purpose.
Snapfish may make third party software available through the service. To use such software, you shall agree to the terms and conditions imposed by the third party provider. The agreement to use such software will be solely between you and the third party provider. If you do not agree with their terms, do not use the software.
6. Delivery of Photos and Gift Items
When ordering photos and gift items from our site, the following terms apply to our deliveries and services.
6.1 Order Process
(1) Your contractual partner is Hewlett-Packard Ireland Limited, whose principal address for business is Liffey Park Techynology Campus Barnhall Road Leixlip, County Kildare, Ireland. Should you follow any links to gift ideas on external websites, the provider of that website becomes your sole contractual partner. That provider is solely responsible for those goods and services.
(3) Your order is a binding offer. Your order is accepted by us when we dispatch the goods to you. In the event that we send you an order confirmation, this does not signify an acceptance of your order but is merely to confirm receipt of your order.
All prices are set out in euros and are inclusive of statutory VAT and are subject to the delivery charges stated on our website.
6.3 Reservation of Ownership
We retain ownership of the delivered goods until the sum is paid in full under the terms of this Contract.
6.4 Right to Withdraw
There is no right to withdraw as all goods and services on our websites are made to your specification. However, if goods or services are faulty, the terms under Notice of Defects apply.
6.7 Notice of Defects
(1) Please specify the delivery note/invoice number when reporting defects.
(2) Please note that only technical inadequacies, which were avoidable with the technology available is considered a defect, but does not include aspects of personal taste. Differences in colour between the images and the original image data are not a defect. There is no defect if reduced quality is due to the poor quality (for example, low resolution) of the original image data.
(3) Any defects are rectified by corrections or replacements. Only if these corrections or replacements are unsatisfactory do you have the right to a discount or to withdraw.
7. Securing Image Data
You are responsible for backing up the image data and information you send us. We are not liable for any loss of data or information.
8. Third Party Rights, Checking and Deleting Content
(1) You represent and warrant that storing or processing your content or order will not violate any third party copyrights, trademarks or other rights. You are solely responsible for any such violations that you may incur as a result of your image data and we are exempt from any legal actions taken by others.
(2) You are solely responsible for the content of the uploaded image data. you represent and warrant that the content of the uploaded image files do not violate penal law, in particular legislation on the distribution of child pornography or other acts.
(3) We are entitled but not obliged to check the appropriateness of the content you upload. We reserve the right to delete without further notice any of your content or order in whole or in part that violates applicable law or the terms set out under the section Member Conduct of these terms. Illegal content may be reported to law-enforcement bodies.
(4) You shall bear full sole responsible for any form of legal proceedings that may be incurred as a result of the images you upload and you shall be liable for any resulting damages. You will indemnify and hold harmless Snapfish from and against all losses, claims, liabilites, expenses, damages and costs, including reasonable attorneys' fees, resulting from any violation of these terms by you.
We shall have no liability for any temporary loss of service and we cannot accept liability for any loss of the content you have uploaded due to technical issues. We ask you therefore to back up your images and materials.
Furthermore, we cannot accept any liability for the risks related to the Internet, in particular those related with uploading images to our websites.
(1) We handle your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
(2) We automatically store the personal information we require from you to use our services. The customer information we collect when orders are placed is processed, stored or otherwise used solely for the purpose of processing the orders and developing the customer relationships. Your data is transferred worldwide within the HP Group for the purpose of providing the service; your image data is stored on servers within the HP Group. We guarantee that third parties to whom we must pass on your details to be able to offer our services as your payment details for processing payment are subject to the same level of data protection as is required by law.
(3) In the absence of any prior written agreement, we will not pass on your information to third parties for commercial purposes.
(4) For further information, please see the HP privacy
We have the right to terminate, in full or in part, your Membership and your right to use the service, and remove and discard any content you have uploaded onto our website.
Especially in the following circumstances:
- if you violate our Terms and Conditions or any other applicable regulations, guidelines or laws,
- if your conduct is harmful to other Snapfish users, our Snapfish Services or third parties,
- if you have not ordered within the last 365 days (no Acitve Member) , as described under the Membership section.
(1) These terms are governed by Irish law under exclusion of the UN Convention on the International Sale of Goods.
Hewlett-Packard Ireland Limited is registered in Ireland with number 34508
And with a registered office of 63-74 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland
Directors: Martin Murphy; Greg Skelton and Andrew Bothwell.